Saturday, September 05, 2015

Broccoli Salad with Carrot and Apple

This salad was a happy surprise. I didn't set out to make some miraculous dish or anything. I just wanted to make a salad my friends would be reasonably keen to eat at my birthday party! I'm happy to say, it turned out pretty decent.

Ingredients
1 large head broccoli, stems removed and florets cut to bite-size
One large carrot, shredded finely
One apple, diced 
1/4-1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1-2 tsp garlic paste
2 Tbsp coconut or palm sugar 

Directions
1. Mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic paste, and sugar in a small dish. Set aside. 
2. In a large serving bowl, add the broccoli florets, shredded carrot, apple, and cranberries. Toss well. 
3. Add the dressing and mix until the entire salad is moistened. 
4. Refrigerate for several hours before serving to let the garlic mellow. Serve cold or room temperature. 

No comments: